1. What meals will be served at the conference?
Full hot breakfasts will be provided each morning prior to the scheduled start time. There will be morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, and lunch will be provided on Wednesday. A Grab and Go lunch will be provide at the end of the conference on Thursday.
2. What hotel should I stay at during the conference?
A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate at the Holiday Inn. Please contact the hotel directly; remember to make your room reservations early and mention the conference code OCC or mention the conference name to be assured a room at the special rate.
3. What should I wear?
For your comfort, business casual is appropriate. We suggest you dress in layers as the temperature in the meeting rooms can vary considerably.
4. Can I cancel my registration?
You may cancel a registration, however, please note a $25 administrative fee will be applied. However, you are permitted to swap a previously paid registration with a new attendee from the same college.
5. I cannot attend the full conference. Do you have a one-day rate available?
We offer a one-day rate on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 of $200.00 or Thursday, May 18, 2017 of $150.00. You will have access to all conference sessions, meetings, luncheons, and exhibits held on that date.
6. What are the hours for the Registration/Information Desk
The Registration/Information desk will be located outside of the Learning Commons. Registration hours are as follows:
Early Registration on Tuesday, May 16th (located in the Residence) from 2:00-5:00 pm
Registration on Tuesday, May 16th is 5:30 – 8:00 pm
Wednesday, May 17th from 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Thursday, May 18th from 7:30 am – 12:00 noon.
7. Is there somewhere I can charge my cell phone?
A charging station for your mobile devices and laptops will be available at the Registration Desk if you require it.
8. Will there be WiFi access at the conference
A wifi password will be provided upon arrival. If your college supports Eduroam you should be able to use your college credentials while on Sheridan campuses.
9. We have created a conference hashtag (#OCCCIO2017). We hope you will tweet about what you have learned and your experiences throughout the conference.